IMDM(Iscove’s Modified Dulbecco Medium)is an improved DMEM medium， which is used for the culture of erythrocyte progenitor cells and macrophages. The IMDM medium was supplemented with selenium, HEPES, sodium pyruvate and additional amino acids and vitamins on the basis of the DMEM medium, and potassium nitrate instead of iron nitrate, which is suitable for the rapid proliferation, high-density cell culture. IMDM medium can not only culture cells with special nutritional requirements (such as mouse B lymphocytes, stimulated B cells stimulated by LPS, bone marrow hematopoietic cells, T lymphocytes and various hybridoma cells), It can also be used as a base solution for some unique serum-free medium.
This product contains many kinds of amino acids, vitamins, inorganic salts and other ingredients for cell culture, but does not contain protein, lipids or any growth factors. Therefore, the product should be used with serum or serum-free additives.
Matters Need Attention
1. This product is for research use only.
2. This product is sterilized by 0.1μm filtration.
3. It is necessary to pay attention to the aseptic operation and avoid the contamination during the culture.
4. It is not suitable for long time storage at room temperature.
5. This product is a ready-to-use medium. If there is no special need, don’t add serum, penicillin and streptomycin. It can be used directly.