Ham's F-12 Nutrient Mixture was designed by Ham in 1969 based on Ham's F-10 Nutrient Mixture, which was originally used for serum-free culture of CHO cells. Ham's F-12 is often used as the basal culture medium for serum-free culture. It is especially suitable for single cell culture and cloning culture under low serum content. After adding serum, it is also widely used in the culture of cancer cells and primary cells, such as rat hepatocytes, rat prostate epithelial cells, rat, chondrocytes rat myoblasts, chicken embryo cells, etc. In addition, after mixing equal volumes of Ham's F-12 and DMEM, the DMEM/F12 medium obtained is more nutritious and more widely used.
This product contains amino acids, vitamins, inorganic salts and other ingredients required for various types of cell culture, but does not contain proteins, lipids or any growth factors. So this product should be used with serum or serum-free additives.
Matters Need Attention
1. This product is for research use only.
2. This product is sterilized by 0.1μm filtration.
3. It is necessary to pay attention to the aseptic operation and avoid the contamination during the culture.
4. It is not suitable for long time storage at room temperature.
5. This product is a ready-to-use medium. If there is no special need, don’t add serum, penicillin and streptomycin. It can be used directly.