MTT(3-(4,5-dimethyl-2-thiazolyl)-2,5-diphenyl-2-H-tetrazolium bromide) is widely used for determination of cell proliferation and cytotoxicity. The MTT can be reduced by succinate dehydrogenase in mitochondria of living cells to form crystalline dark purple product formazan.Formazan was deposited in cells, but dead cells do not. The formazan can be solubilized in dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO).The absorbance (OD value) was measured at the wavelength of 490nm or 570nm. The number or activity of living cells could be determined by the OD value. Within a certain range of cell numbers, the amount of MTT crystal formation was proportional to the number or activity of living cells.
Matters Need Attention
1. This product is for research use only.
2. This product is sterilized by 0.1μm filtration.
3. It is necessary to pay attention to the aseptic operation and avoid the contamination.
4. The MTT solution decomposes easily in the light. Please avoid light during operation. Do not use MTT solution when it turns grey-green.
5. MTT solution will solidify at low temperature, Please incubate the solution at 20-25℃ water bath and use it when the solution is thoroughly dissolved.
6. Please mix MTT solution fully before use and do not store it at room temperature for a long time. It can be stored at 2-8℃ with shading light for a month.
7. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles. It is recommended to aliquot the solution into smaller quantities for optimal storage.
8. MTT is carcinogenic, please take safety precautions and follow the procedures of laboratory reagent operation. All waste liquid should be handled in accordance with local regulations.