G418, an aminoglycoside antibiotic, is the most commonly used resistance screening reagent for stable transfection in molecular genetic experiments.G418 can interfere with the function of 80S ribosomes and affect protein synthesis in eukaryotic cells. It is mainly used in mammalian, plant or yeast cell selection. G418 is toxic to bacteria, yeast, higher plants, mammalian cells, protozoa, and worms. Its resistance gene is a dominant phenotype, and it is located on Tn601 (903) and Tn5 transposons. Although this gene is derived from bacteria, it can also be expressed in eukaryotic cells. The introduction of resistance genes into cells results in resistance to G418, allowing cells to grow in a culture medium containing G418.This selective feature of G418 has been widely used in gene transfer, gene knockout, resistance screening and transgenic animals.
Matters Need Attention
1. This product is for research use only.
2. This product is sterilized by 0.1μm filtration.
3. It is necessary to pay attention to the aseptic operation and avoid the pollution.
4. It is not suitable for long time storage at room temperature or 4 °C.
5. Thaw in 2 -8°C and mix fully before use.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing. It is recommended to aliquot the solution and store at -20°C.
6. This product is a concentrated solution and dilute it to the desired concentration before use.