The buffer system of Leibovitz's L-15 medium is composed of phosphate and free amino acids, instead of the traditional sodium bicarbonate buffer system. Meanwhile, the substitution of galactose and sodium pyruvate for glucose prevents prevents the formation of acidic metabolic by-products, helps to maintain the stable pH of the medium. It is suitable for cell culture in a non-CO2 balanced environment. L-15 medium is suitable for the culture of monkey kidney cells and HEP-2, the isolation of primary cells (such as embryonic and adult tissues), the culture of various viruses and the culture of neurons.
Leibovitz's L-15 medium contains many kinds of amino acids, vitamins, inorganic salts and other ingredients for cell culture, but does not contain protein, lipids or any growth factors. Therefore, the product should be used with serum or serum-free additives.
Matters Need Attention
1. This product is for research use only.
2. This product is sterilized by 0.1μm filtration.
3. It is necessary to pay attention to the aseptic operation and avoid the contamination during the culture.
4. It is not suitable for long time storage at room temperature.
5. This product is a ready-to-use medium. If there is no special need, don’t add serum, penicillin and streptomycin. It can be used directly.