Cryopreservation is the main method of cell preservation, which is of great significance for cell preservation, introduction, culture and experimental research. In order to protect cells from freezing damage, cryoprotectants are often added. Currently, the most widely used osmotic protectant is DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide). Its protective mechanism is to penetrate into cells before the cell freezing solution is completely solidified, create a certain molar concentration inside and outside the cells, and reduce the concentration of electrolytes in the unfrozen solution inside and outside the cells. In this way, the cells are protected from the damage of high electrolyte concentration, and at the same time, the water in the cells will not leak excessively , to avoid excessive dehydration and shrinkage of cells. However, DMSO has great cytotoxic side effects at room temperature. And when the concentration is higher, the cytotoxicity is greater, especially for sensitive cells, such as hybridoma cells. In general, DMSO has a good effect when the final concentration is between 5% and 15%.
The Cell Freezing Medium produced by Pricella is composed of DMSO, FBS and DMEM/F12 basal medium. The product has been verified by nearly one thousand kinds of cells. It is suitable for the cryopreservation of various mammalian primary cells, passaged cell lines and hybridoma cells. The performance is stable and it's easy to use. More importantly, the cell survival rate is high.
Matters Need Attention
1. This product is for research use only.
2. This product is sterilized by 0.1μm filtration.
3. It is necessary to pay attention to the aseptic operation and avoid the contamination.
4. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing. It is recommended to defrost at 2-8°C and aliquot the solution and store at -20°C.
5. It is not recommended to store this product at room temperature for a long time.
6. If there is a small amount of protein precipitation during use, it can be used directly without affecting the effect of freezing storage, or it can be used after centrifugation to remove precipitation.
7. Since this product contains DMSO, please take protective measures to avoid direct contact with skin.