Hygromycin B, an aminoglycoside antibiotic, is a commonly used resistance screening reagent, which can inhibit protein synthesis by interfering with 70S ribosome translocation and inducing misreading of mRNA templates, thereby killing Bacteria, fungi and higher eukaryotic cells. The hygromycin B phosphotransferase encoded by the hygromycin resistance gene (hyg or hph) from Escherichia coli can convert hygromycin B into a non-biologically active phosphorylated product, thereby detoxifying. Hygromycin B is often used to screen and culture prokaryotic or eukaryotic cells successfully transfected with hygromycin resistance gene. Due to the difference in mode of action, Hygromycin B (Hygromycin B) is often used in combination with G418, Zeocin or Blasticidin S to screen double-resistant positive cell lines. In addition, hygromycin B can also be used as an antiviral agent, or mixed into animal feed for deworming function.
Matters Need Attention
1. This product is for research use only.
2. This product is sterilized by 0.1μm filtration.
3. It is necessary to pay attention to the aseptic operation and avoid the pollution.
4. It is not suitable for long time storage at room temperature or 4 °C.
5. Thaw in 2 -8°C and mix fully before use.Avoid repeated freezing and thawing. It is recommended to aliquot the solution and store at -20°C.
6. This product is a concentrated solution and dilute it to the desired concentration before use.