L-alanyl-L-glutamine is an advanced cell culture additive and as a substitute for L-glutamine. L-glutamine is a necessary nutrient element for cells. But it is unstable in solution and can be degraded spontaneously to form ammonia and pyroglutamic acid and ammonia is harmful to cells. L-alanyl-L-glutamine is stable in aqueous solution and does not degrade spontaneously. The mechanism used by the cell is that the cell gradually releases a peptidase into the culture medium during cell culture. The peptidase can hydrolyze L-alanyl-L-glutamine into L-alanine and L-glutamine. L-alanine and L-glutamine can be absorbed and utilized by cells. This not only increases the utilization rate of L-glutamine, but also does not produce excess ammonia, which is more beneficial to cell growth.
Matters Need Attention
1. This product is for research use only.
2. This product is sterilized by 0.1μm filtration.
3. It is necessary to pay attention to the aseptic operation and avoid the contamination.
4. It will take some time to release peptidase and metabolize dipeptide, so the delay period of cells will be slightly longer.
But there is no effect to cell growth.
5. This product is a concentrated solution and dilute it to the desired concentration before use.